Blocks of hotel rooms at a discounted rate are available at two hotels in downtown Des Moines. Please do note, although these hotels are within 2 to 3 miles of Drake University’s campus, you will likely need to use a taxi, car-sharing service, shuttle service, or city bus, to travel to the university. The Hyatt does offer a free shuttle to and from the airport and within a 3-mile radius of the hotel (which includes the Drake campus). Both hotels offer free breakfast.
Hampton Inn and Suites, 120 SW Water Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
- $149 per night, plus free breakfast.
- Make your reservation online or call the hotel at (515) 244-1650 and ask for the group code “NALS.”
- Reservations must be made before June 29 to get the group rate.
Hyatt Place Downtown, 418 6th Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309
- $169 per night. Free breakfast available to World of Hyatt members. Membership is free. You may sign up here.
- Free shuttle transportation to the airport and within a 3-mile radius of the hotel (which includes Drake’s campus).
- Make your reservation online or call the hotel at (800) 993-2451 and refer to our event.
- Reservations must be made before 5 pm CST on June 21.
Airport and Transportation
Des Moines International Airport (DSM) is conveniently located within the city limits of Des Moines. It is about 5 miles (a 10-minute drive) to Drake University, about 3.5 miles to the Hampton, and 2 miles to the Hyatt.
Visit DART for information on the Des Moines city bus service.
Both Lyft and Uber are available in Des Moines, in addition to several taxi services, including Yellow Cab.